Thursday, June 24, 2010

Well, okey dokey then. I finally did it! I actually created a blog! The name might sound kind of strange but it is just a bit of nostalgia that popped into my head while I was considering what to call it. And it does mean something very precious to me, which perhaps time will unveil. It was kinda fun designing the page and fiddling with it endlessly...(I think I have 18+ visits listed...and they are all mine!) I'll probably keep fiddling with it as time goes on because, well, that's just what I do. Thanks to the encouragement of my young, beautiful and awesomely talented friend Dana and my Crystal, georgeous mother-of-Fox.....precious grandbaby boy who has stolen my heart totally away and will have it forever and ever amen...the firstborn son of many is my hearts desire....the other day my great friend Mr. PatHug said that I'll probably have about 40 grandbabies....so my kids better get crackin'!:)...yah.

So, what shall I say in my very first post....ummm....well, the purpose of this blog is so that I can ramble on to myself and my imaginary peeps, while I actually try to put into written words all of the seemingly-disjointed words, bright ideas, concepts, revelations, etc. that float endlessly around in my mind and heart. And I am also sort of thinking that it will serve the dual purpose of describing me to myself....kind of like a self-portrait. So there.

I'm in the midst of a physical education overhaul....took up walking/jogging (s l o w l y) and swimming for my daily exercise. Then realized that swimming is probably the bigger calorie burner and puts more muscles to use, so I'll probably stick to that while it's warm enough. I've developed a little regimen of things that I do in the pool, a combination of swimming and exercise. The object -for the time being- is to set the timer for 20-30 minutes and spend the whole time in constant motion, you know, swimming and such. Today forgot to set the timer, so went through my regimen (can't think of the word I want to use there) 2x....and ohmalord....am I sore! Especially in the hip area. Can't believe I'm finally doing this after having a pool readily available next door at Aunt Pat's for....oh...20 years? Ugh.

Got 2 weddings on the books for this weekend...last weddings of the "spring". Next one not until August 21st...and wow, is it a doozy..more on that later. Finished icing all of the cakes for the brides and one grooms. One grooms left to ice tomorrow and then decorating begins. Simple stuff....dots and scrolls and such. Interesting grooms cakes....one a two tiered hunting theme....the other is a rather large cake ring iced to look like a king cake in New Orleans Saints' colors with beads and hand-crafted doubloons. Then, the cake shop will be closed next week. At which time I will do some re-arranging and cleaning and organizing there and hopefully in the house too.

Registered for a food safety class at BRCC. What a rip-off. $110 for the 1 1/2 DAY class. $110 for the book. $55 to take the certification exam. Good lord. Oh, well, then at least I'll have my certification, which lasts 5 years. Finally. Oh please God help me to retain the info and pass the exam. It's such a short amount of time and such a LOT of info. I have learned a lot by osmosis from working different jobs and running my own little business...but...eww....

Thank you Lord for the day that you created just for me. Thank You that the conversations I had today were filled with encouraging and uplifting words. And my husband, may You keep him in the palm of your hand and fulfill my petitions concerning him.
Well, beddy-bye time. Think tomorrow morning I'll take it easy in the pool and be gentle on these hipsters. Selah.

No comments:

Post a Comment